(Click on photo to see larger image)
The Masterwork Classics series is designed to
motivate students while allowing them to progress evenly and smoothly from the
earliest classics toward intermediate literature.
Compositions in the Masterwork Classics are among
the best literature available at this level by the standard composers. All
four periods of keyboard music are represented. The music was chosen
because of its quality, the concepts that can be taught from the pieces and the
uniqueness of the repertoire to the teaching literature. Pieces included
will develop the energetic and exuberant side of playing, as well as the more
reflective and lyrical aspects of pianism. Some pieces are familiar and
favorites while others, though seldom heard, are sure to become favorites with
students and teachers alike. Recital and contest groupings can be put
together with ease from these volumes.
This books contains the following pieces
- Bach, Anna Magdalena, Notebook - March in G
Major, BWV Anh. 124
- Bach, J. S. - Little Prelude in C Minor, BWV
- Bartok, Bela - Bohemian Dance (from 10 Easy
- Beethoven, Ludwig van - Menuet in C Major, WoO
10, No. 1
- Burgmuller, Johann Friedrich - The Storm, Op.
109, No. 13
- Burgmuller, Johann Friedrich - The Swallow,
Op. 100, No. 24
- Clementi, Muzio - Sonatina in C Major, Op. 36,
No. 3 (I)
- Diabelli, Anton - Sonatina in D Major, Op.
168, No. 5 (I)
- Gurlitt, Cornelius - Sonatina in A Minor, Op.
54, NO. 5 (III)
- Handel, George Frideric - Menuet in G Minor
- Handel, George Frideric - Prelude in G Major
- Heller, Stephen - Etude in C Major, Op. 47,
- Heller, Stephen - Etude in G Minor, Op. 47,
- Hook, James - Sonatina in G Major, Op. 12, No.
- Kuhlau, Friedrich - Sonatina in A Minor, Op.
88, No. 3 (III)
- MacDowell, Edward - To a Wild Rose, Op. 51,
- Prokofiev, Serge - Evening, Op. 65, No. 11
- Rebikov, Vladimir - Evening in the Meadow, Op.
31, No. 5
( ~~ REGULAR LIST PRICE: $9.95 ~~ )